I am pretty sure by now you have all heard about the show ‘Amazing Spaces’. Well if you haven’t, it’s a show which is broadcast on Channel 4 and is hosted by George Clark. Back in early 2015, he showed us a wonderful container office. This was so amazing because we actually supplied the container used in the episode!
Now we have all seen George’s dream container office. So today, for something a little different, I am going to tell you about my own dream container. Similar to the homely feel George has achieved, I am going down the route of a container spa to strike relaxation and comfort. My container conversion is actually based around another of George’s programmes on Channel 4; “Amazing Spaces Shed of the Year”, where people from all around the UK convert their garden sheds into various things for working in, living in and even playing in. So let’s have it. Below is my shed of the year.
The idea would include;
- A standard 20ft new (once shipped) side opening container
I feel this would be the perfect size unit, and with the full side access, it would be easy for people to use. The internal insulation would consist of spray foam insulation. This type of insulation is ideal, as it holds the thermal properties better and helps create an ambient temperature.
- Some mood lighting in the container. This would really help create a relaxing and calm atmosphere.
- A hot tub (supplied and installed). This would be placed over the existing marine plywood flooring.
- Dura hooks and benches – fitted inside the unit, to be used by people to place their belongings whilst in the hot tub.
- Louvered vents – I have taken into consideration that, when the container is locked up at night, there may be a build up of moisture in the air due to the hot tub being inside. To combat this, I would install 300 x 300mm louvered vents. There would be four louvered vents fitted in total (2 high on 20′ panels, and 2 fitted at low level). The reasoning behind for this fitting, is to help increase natural air flow within the unit.
Just to make the dream complete, the exterior of the unit would be painted in self priming specialised container paint . I would use a RAL 5012, which is a light blue, as I feel this colour is extremely relaxing to look at.
Now it’s your turn. I have told you about my dream container conversion, now it’s your turn to tell me about your shed of the year.
If you feel we can help with your container conversion, then please contact the experts on 0333 600 62 60. We would be delighted to help.
Blog Post Written By Lewis Westley At Lion Containers Ltd