Allens (Stourbridge) Transport Limited
In this week’s CONTAINER FOCUS, we talk to Josh Allen, Transport Co-ordinator at
Allens (Stourbridge) Transport Limited.
1. What does your company specialise in?
We specialise in crane off-loading vehicles. We have a range of sizes from 25tpm to 66tpm.
2. What is your job role within the business?
My job role is to manage the day to day running of the transport, making sure all the jobs get done and all the drivers are well. I also deal with customers quotations and queries.
3.How long have you worked there?
I have worked for Allens Transport for 6 years.
4. How long has the company been trading for?
Just over 25 years.
5. What type of vehicles do you use?
We use 3 types of vehicles, Rigid, Draw Bar and Artic. (All with hi-ab cranes mounted behind the cab).
6. How many vehicles do you have in your fleet?
We have 16 vehicles.
7. Have you ever driven a vehicle, if so what type?
I only have a car license at present, I have been out in our vehicles however as I do hold my hi ab license. I have done numerous days work when we have been short staffed and I have had to go out with an agency driver. I also go out with new drivers and give them training, and show them how the job is done.
8. Have you ever been a driver yourself?
Interview Conducted By Jessica Archer at Lion Containers Ltd