Lion Containers Ltd have substantial knowledge and experience in containerised Anaerobic Digestion Biogas solutions. Our technical team have been provided with the training required to transform your plans into a self-sufficient, efficient and to specification containerised AD Biogas solution. The involvement of our sales team in your container conversion for biogas is controlled by you, we will have as much or as little input as you require. Our team are able to build your specification with you, complete full CAD drawings and create solutions for you. The specification of the container will depend on the machinery used. We also have the following other solutions available:
Anaerobic Digestion Biogas Container Store
AD Biogas Container Store Benefits
We have many options regarding your AD Biogas Store including, but not exclusive to Boiler Housings, Louvred Vents, Checker Plate Flooring, Windows (Porthole), Windows (Kirncroft), Personnel Doors, Additional Cargo Doors, Ply Lining, Sliding Roofs, Site Works, Cladding, Insulation, Roof Hatches, Internal Hatches, Exhaust Systems, Electrics,
Partition Walls, Apertures (Pipework) and Painting. These stores also have many benefits including:
- Simple, efficient installation with minimum disruption (due to intermodal design).
- Environmental, economical and sustainable.
- Cost effective, some 40ft units can reach break even after just 5 years.
- Available in a variety of lengths and up to 9ft 6ins high.
- Energy can be injected into the mains grid to generate income
- When compared to fossil fuels, reduced CO2 emissions.
- RHI (Renewable Heat Incentive) Scheme eligibility. Domestic and Non-Domestic.
- High security, anti-vandal features.
What is Anaerobic Digestion?
Anaerobic Digestion (AD) is a natural process where plant and animal materials (biomass) are broken down by micro-organisms in the absence of air. Lion Containers Ltd can convert containers into enclosures for this process. The container is modified to
house the process plant which aids the liquefaction, acid formation and methane
formation required to create biogas.
The AD process can be explained as follows:
- Biomass is put inside a sealed tank or digester.
- Naturally occurring micro-organisms digest the biomass which releases methane rich gas (biogas) that can be used to generate renewable heat and power. This helps to cut fossil fuel use and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- The remaining material (digestate) is rich in nutrients and can be used as fertiliser.
Many forms of biomass are suitable for AD including food waste, slurry and manure, as well as crops and crop residues. The products of AD are referred to as biogas and digestate. Biogas can be combusted to provide heat, electricity or both.
AD Biogas Store Example | Gas Cylinder Storage
We supplied a 40ft biogas store to a firm who provide integrated packages of solutions for biomethane-to-grid (BtG) projects. Read more.
Delivering Your AD Biogas Container
We have a small team of trusted hauliers working for us here in the UK. Deliveries normally take place between 7am-8pm, Monday to Friday, however we can work outside of these times if so wished. We also provide site visits to those more tricky delivery areas, all members of our team have passed their CSCS card test. This means that they are able to visit sites in order to reduce accidents and drive up on-site efficiency. Should you require your container for shipping purposes, we can provide you with a CSC Verification Certificate, our professionals will test and certify your new or used 40ft container to ensure it is structurally sound and safe to ship your cargo by vessel.
If you would like to speak to us regarding anything you have read on this page, please contact us on 0333 600 6260, or email email@example.com. However, if you already have a biogas project in mind, and know what you require, please complete our shopping list at the bottom of this page.