Lion Containers are able to offer a wide range of Biomass stores, supplying either “off the shelf” options or bespoke units. Containers are available in a range of sizes and specifications to suit your needs. We have substantial knowledge and experience in containerised biomass solutions. Our technical team have been provided with the training required to transform your plans into a self-sufficient, efficient and to specification containerised biomass solution. The involvement of our sales team in your container conversion for biomass is controlled by you, we will have as much or as little input as you require. Our team are able to build your specification with you, complete full CAD drawings and create solutions for you. We also have the following other solutions available:
The biomass fuel is often waste wood in either wooden pellet or wood chip form. The fuel is then fed from the fuel store into the boiler room via augers which connect through apertures in the container walls. Usually, customers install computer controls to ensure just the right amount of fuel is fed into the boiler to enable efficient heating with minimum emissions. Hot water and heating is then linked to the existing distribution systems. Extra doors with louvres are usually installed to maximise air flow and allow access for servicing the boiler. Sliding roof designs can be incorporated to enable wood chip to be delivered by tipper lorry or pellet inlet pipes can be installed to be fed by a pressurised system. There are many benefits of having a biomass container, including:
- Simple and efficient installation methods.
- Minimum disruption during installation, removal and re-siting.
- Extensive environmental benefits.
- Economical benefits.
- Sustainability benefits.
- Reduced C02 emissions compared to fossil fuels.
- Eligibility for funding under the government RHI scheme.
- Strong, weather proof and secure.
- Easily converted meaning they can suit bespoke requirements.
- Cost effective, some 40ft units can reach break even after just 5 years.
- Easily transported.
- Available in a variety of lengths and up to 9ft 6ins high.
- Energy can be injected into the mains grid to generate income.