Holiday Entitlement: 20 days + Bank Holidays
Working Hours: Monday – Friday – 08:30 – 17:00
Office Location: Cannock, Staffordshire
Overall purpose of this role:
To provide support and advice to the sales team predominantly in the production of CAD drawings but also in the compilation of specifications and researching and procuring materials. To also assist the company in ensuring that their procedures involved in the production of works requiring such input are always followed and suppliers kept fully versed.
Duties of Technical Design Engineer:
- To prepare engineering 2D and 3D models and construction drawings in accordance with current standards and codes of practice including general arrangements and construction details.
- Ensure that drawings are prepared, stored, issued and archived in accordance with company procedures and within the company computer system.
- Communicate technical subjects with all members of staff as and when required and assist sales staff in meeting with customers, providing technical support.
- Develop technical training information to be included within the sales training manual and assist with staff development
- Work with members of sales staff and fabrications to develop customer quotations and recommend materials for use within modification projects.
- To provide good technical and engineering knowledge as to how steel works and best practice for both sales and fabrications.
- Take responsibility of drawing issues and daily housekeeping of both digital and hard copy project file storage.
- Establish filing guidelines for drawings to maintain up-to-date drawings
- Ensure delivery of drawing work to agreed project programmes.
- Build and adhere to project programmes.
- Assist in developing systems and procedures to ensure that the CAD system is used effectively.
- To oversee deliveries and commissioning of customers work from time to time.
- To liaise with customers on a daily basis to fully understand their requirements and accurately provide drawings and assist in building specifications on items required accordingly.
- Have knowledge of standard drafting practices and procedures
- To keep a strong working relationship with present suppliers and develop new relationships with suppliers.
- To fully understand the product you are in contact with in order to be able to easily identify any potential issues.
- To be Passionate about your role within the business.
- Visit customers and sites to encourage sales of converted equipment and occasionally attend exhibitions where sales opportunities must be maximised.
- To be organised and up to date at all times with the completion of paperwork and keeping all correspondence and call logs up to date within the company computer system.
- To always consider improvements, efficiency and profitability.
- Liaise with accounts, the admin team, management and company directors as required.
- To adhere to all health and safety procedures in the workplace.
- To build and maintain customer records and databases, attend regular sales meetings and provide clear and concise activity reports and forecasts as and when required by the company.
- On a daily basis, keep full and accurate information on the company’s computer system regarding, chase calls and all communications with the customer and any other matters regarding the equipment, enquiry or order.
- To assist in keeping the office safe and tidy at all times.
- To remain professional and courteous at all times with the aim of making the customer feel important and valued.
- Work independently based on instructions, directions, or requests received from Supervisor and/or Sr. Project staff.
- To manage customers’ expectations accordingly and reflect this in all correspondence to the customer and with suppliers and the admin team.
- To ensure preparation of coordinated layouts and cross section drawings are carried out.
- Promptly respond to all requests generated and aim for a high drawing completion rate, being realistic with lead times to the client at all times and responding or keeping the customer updated at the earliest opportunity.
- A high level of technical and scientific knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to practical problems.
- Have good problem-solving skills and a creative approach to new ideas.
- To ensure, with assistance of the admin team, that all works have been carried out on equipment, all relevant paperwork has been received and the business is fully prepared for successful delivery.
- To react to and implement new company procedures with immediate effect accuracy and efficiency.
- On a daily basis, keep full accurate information on the company’s computer system regarding, chase calls, extras, and all communications with the customer and any other matters regarding the equipment, enquiry or order.
- Develop a good working relationship with all colleagues and maintain a working knowledge of available equipment.
- Update customers regularly, being mindful of the need to under promise and over deliver.
- Systematically communicate with all parties involved in a customer’s sale to ensure exchange is problem free within the deadline set. Communicate a full summary of this information to management at the time of conversion to sale to ensure that all internal colleagues are able to support your sale.
- Comply with the company handbook at all times.
- Contribute to improving the business and enhancing the reputation of the company by putting forward new ideas and implementing change when requested to do so.
The ideal candidate must be available to work 40 hours per week, access to a vehicle is preferred but not imperative and you must have proof of the right to work in the UK. Serious applicants only need apply. NO AGENCIES.
Lion Containers offer a wide range of new and used shipping containers, accommodation, conversions, and accessories. We are based in Cannock but provide a national service, for a wide range of industries. No day is the same, and we get involved in all manner of exciting jobs. We have considerable experience in supplying containers to the construction industry, agricultural industry, schools, local councils, the retail sector, private individuals, charities, sports clubs, marketing and exhibition companies, event organisers and many more.
For further information or to apply for this role please either contact Laura Hucker on 0333 600 6260 or submit your CV using the form below