“I want to have a Christmas box set up in the middle of the German Market. I will be baking Christmas goodies and serving hot drinks to the public. I will require electrics in my unit to run the oven and fridge and also a cooker so I can bake up some treats! I need professional advice for the perfect unit. Will you be able to help?”
- For our base we will need a 40ft new once shipped tunnel container. (This will allow you to access your container from either end so it is easier for you to get to the kitchen in the back, where all your delicious treats are getting baked and cooked!).
- Secondly we will add our insulation. Insulation is a must, this will prevent any moisture in your container and will make your box warm and inviting. It will also give the inside of your container a nice easy clean finish as the final finish will be completed with a brilliant white melamine face. This will be one of the first of many steps to be carried in your container fabrication. We can supply any type of insulation, if you’d like to see some examples please take a look at our conversions page >>
- The next step is to install electrics into your unit. We will supply, fit and test all electrical items that are fitted by us to ensure safe use of your cooking equipment. With all the magic in the air at Christmas I wouldn’t want to risk them coming to life! (Have you seen Beauty and the Beast?!)
- After we have passed this stage we will spread our high quality finish vinyl flooring across the original marine ply wood. This will be anti-slip with a professional finish. We wouldn’t any accidents to happen allowing those mouth-watering treats to drop on the floor and go to waste!
- A thinly sliced partition will placed in the middle of your container allowing you to have a 50/50 split throughout. This will have a personnel door fitted in the middle of the partition allowing easy access to go from the kitchen to the sales counter, as well as entering either side from each cargo doors on the ends of the container. This separation will help you to keep organised and will hopefully prevent things being misplaced!
- You won’t even have to sweat about the sink and worktop because we will add that for you too! This will obviously be one of the main ingredients for your catering unit. We will be supplying and fitting that for you too! A cupboard will also be under the sink and worktops allowing you to store away your equipment at the end of each day. The sink will let out hot and cold water. Have a look at some that we have done before! (insert hyper link on “before” to link to the Mantrose case study).
- We will cut out carefully and create an aperture and box frame and install standard insulated, weatherproof double glazed sliding windows so that there is one window for each section. You will be able to serve all those treats out to your customers though one end and will also have a breeze of fresh air whilst all that hard work is going on in the back kitchen! On the outer sides of these containers we will also supply you with chalk boards and fairly lights (!!!) to give it that old festive Christmas look, and you can list what you are going to be selling!
- At last this amazing piece will be delivered and placed carefully with care ready to be used.
The shipping container will be transformed into a fairy-tale bakery so you can spend this Christmas dishing out mince pies and hot chocolate to all those freezing shoppers! I’ll be there for sure… can I have marshmallows in my hot chocolate please?!
Post Written By Priya Virdi at Lion Containers Ltd